If you were to leave the world right now, what would you want your kids to know? What would you tell them about the way you feel? What advice would you give to take them through the rest of their lives? Today we talk about the ultimate gift to leave behind for your kids.
Blake Brewer lost his dad in a tragic accident when he was nineteen. Their relationship was cut short, but during the heartbreak and grief, Blake’s mom handed him a letter that his father had written to him. This legacy letter not only helped Blake cope with the loss, it also made it possible for him to take his father’s words with him throughout the rest of his adult life.
In honor of his father and the powerful gift he left behind, Blake Brewer is on a mission to help 1 million dads write at least one meaningful, heartfelt letter to their children with the Legacy Letter Challenge.
Blake knows that writing a legacy letter is a huge undertaking. What do you say? How do you say it? He talks about how to compose a legacy letter and how its effects will ripple through generations to come.
What You’ll Learn
- Blake’s dad was Terry Bradshaw’s tight end.
- His father struggled to connect with kids when he got older.
- After Blake’s freshman year in college, they planned a pinnacle family trip to Hawaii.
- Blake and his dad went to the beach to go swimming, just the two of them.
- As they went further out into the ocean, the waves got bigger.
- His dad tried to get out. He yelled for help. Blake eventually got to him, and with the help of another swimmer, pulled his dad to shore.
- Blake pulled his unconscious dad from the water.
- His father was pronounced dead at the hospital.
- What started off as one of the best days of his life became the worst nightmare.
- While still in shock about his father’s death, Blake’s mother told him that his dad had been working on a letter to him, even though he had no idea he would die.
- The letter helped Blake through his grief. He didn’t run from his pain. Instead he grew more in his faith, which would’ve never happened without the legacy letter his dad wrote.
- No one is promised to live till old age, and many dads struggle to connect with their kids.
- Blake helps dads put words to what is in their hearts and minds.
- In a world with so many distractions, we can’t let the world be the main influence on our children.
- A legacy letter is a lasting gift that can be reread whenever your children need it.
- How the process of writing the letter helps dads articulate their feelings into a mission statement
- Why Blake is determined to help a million dads write a legacy letter
THE LEGACY LETTER CHALLENGE
GET 10% OFF with coupon code EDGE
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Blake Brewer’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!