All of us have endured some kind of pain in our past. We might not think about it, but we carry it through our lives, allowing it to contaminate everything we do. If we don’t acknowledge the pain, it will hold us back from reaching our true potential. But if we look at every rock bottom moment as an opportunity to learn, we can transform our pain into explosive inner growth.
Today’s story will blow your mind. Justin Schenck is creator of the wildly popular Growth Now Movement Podcast. He grew up in dark circumstances, with an addicted mother and a dad in jail. By all outward appearances, he was destined to fail in life.
But Justin would not give up. He shed his victim mindset and took charge of his future. In this amazing comeback story, he shows us that we all have the power to climb out of the pit of despair, generate our own happiness, and create the life we truly desire.
This is an interview you can’t afford to miss!
“Things are going to change and adversity is going to happen around you. That stuff doesn’t matter. What matters is the choices we make to create the better tomorrow for ourselves.”—Justin Schenck
Justin has been named a Top 8 Podcaster to watch in 2018 by INC.com and chosen as an ‘Icon of Influence’ in the new media space. What started out as a way to connect with top people and inspire others has become a way of life. Now getting played in over 100 countries every single week he is able to make a greater impact than he could ever imagine. He not only speaks to organizations on how to overcome adversity and utilize podcasting to grow your business but he helps others launch and grow their own podcasts. His vision? To teach the world how to live happy no matter where they are today. “It’s about the journey not the destination.”
“You have complete control over the outcome of everything in your life.”—Justin Schenck
What You’ll Learn
- Why Justin says he would’ve been the least likely to succeed
- Mom’s death after a 20-year opioid addiction
- How he mended his relationship with his father who’d spent time in jail
- Even though his parents could not get themselves together, Justin knew he was loved.
- His upbringing taught him what he didn’t want.
- Justin was introduced to self-development through a sales job.
- He embarked on a life of constant learning, absorbing information, and finding mentors.
- He realized that the pain that he went through could help people heal.
- “Life is happening for me, not to me.”
- Using rock bottom moments as an opportunity to learn
- How to build a life you are truly happy living
- No matter what’s happening, you have to take care of yourself first.
- 3 Ways to Serve Yourself Every Day
- 5 minutes of mediation
- Learn something new every day
- Reach out to somebody who is dear to you and see how they are doing
- What it’s like cohabitating with his girlfriend’s kids
- Kids’ willingness to learn and to love
- Bonding with children over shared interests
- How to maintain a learning mindset when blending a family
- How to love yourself through everything
- Feel your emotions fully. Then move forward.
- Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react.
- Focus and what you can control.
- It’s not going to be easy, but no matter what, don’t give up.
- Whenever you hit a wall, focus on what you can do to improve yourself.
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Justin Schenck’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!