Want to do better with your money? We all do, but how can we create a budget, get out of debt, and save money without making life complicated? And can we show our kids good money habits, even if we haven’t had the best relationship with money?
Today we are excited to have Rachel Cruze to talk to us about practical money wisdom for parents. She is the daughter of David Ramsey and the author of Know Yourself, Know Your Money, which is going to be released January 5th, 2021.
Rachel teaches us how to develop self-awareness around money, discover why we handle money the way do, and make spending and saving an open, stress-free topic in the household.
Get ready to understand yourself and know your money!
Dave Ramsey’s daughter Rachel Cruze grew up learning how to win with money. She understands the dangers of debt, and she’s seen firsthand the damage it can do. She knows how to give generously, spend wisely, and save for the future. Now Rachel has a passion to help others learn those same principles, and she’s traveling the country doing just that.
Rachel has been a guest on Good Morning America, The Today Show, Katie and Fox & Friends. She’s a contributor for magazines like Woman’s Day and Glamour, regularly appearing in print and on the air on radio stations across the country.
Rachel is a versatile, personable and engaging speaker who is equally at home at community events and schools as she is in front of thousands in a packed arena.
Know Yourself, Know Your Money
The biggest obstacle from where you are today to becoming wealthy is NOT opportunity or income—it’s you controlling you.
In her brand-new book, Know Yourself, Know Your Money, personal finance expert Rachel Cruze explores how your behavior is the biggest obstacle to making good decisions with your money. When you take a closer look at your behavior and beliefs, money problems are usually just a symptom of a larger problem in your life.
Rachel explains that the way your parents viewed money shaped YOUR money personality and walks through the four types of childhood money classrooms. Next, she breaks down the six money fears that drive most money decisions, and teaches you how to make healthy money decisions.
Understanding yourself is essential to understanding the way you handle money. This book will help you unlock the psychology, strengths, and challenges that come with each of the brand-new Seven Money Tendencies.
Once you understand your past, this book will take you beyond the Ramsey Baby Steps and get to the root of all of your decisions—your mind, your behaviors, and your beliefs— so you can change your money mindset for good.
What You’ll Learn
- Most parents don’t have the tools to know how to talk to kids about money.
- Parents need to learn how to handle money so they can teach their kids.
- Age-appropriate chores teach kids that work equals money.
- The more self-aware you become, the better your relationships will be as a spouse and parent.
- Why you handle money the way you do
- How your childhood affects the way you think about money
- When you’re not aware of money tendencies and fears, it’s hard to walk the journey to better financial stability.
- Identifying your problems helps you become better with money faster.
- The four money classrooms in families:
- Anxious, tense and not talked about
- Unstable, stressed but verbally open
- Unaware, free but not talked about
- Secure, communication open, and emotion is free
- You don’t have to become wealthy, but you’re in control and you’re not stressed.
- You don’t have to be perfect to teach your kids.
- Enjoy some of your money. Decide what you value more: experiences or tangible things? Status or security?
- Understand your spouse’s money type.
- Why is there so much fear around money?
- Lack of security is the number one fear for women.
- Fear can be a gift to help you get out of debt.
- Creating an emergency fund of 6 month’s expenses will take a huge stress off.
- Giving your kids the dignity of their own independence
- What lessons can we teach our kids right now?
- Allow your kids to make small inexpensive mistakes in the household so they will know better as an adult.
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Rachel Cruze’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!