When it comes to investing and saving money, we often overcomplicate things. We don’t have to make it so hard on ourselves. Financial rock star Scott Alan Turner is on the show to give us some quick and easy ways to save on monthly expenses that will add up to big money in the long run.
He also shares some amazing tips and resources – from increasing your earning power, to hiring companies to negotiate lower rates on certain bills. Take action now, get out of debt, and watch the money pile up!
[bctt tweet=”Being in debt is not the American Dream with @scottalanturner #finance #money #debtfree” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Scott Alan Turner
Scott Alan Turner grew up in a blue collar home as one of five siblings. They had a simple financial lifestyle. He doesn’t remember his parents ever having car payments, credit cards, or debts.
Then when Scott got out of college, he learned all about debt. He had student loans and credit cards. As he began working and climbing the corporate ladder, he bought a Jeep and the biggest house the bank would finance for him. Scott ended up pretty normal as a single guy. He had a huge mortgage, a nice car, and was totally broke.
Scott soon realized that he didn’t want this kind of “American Dream.” He began listening to consumer advocate, Clark Howard, on the radio during his commute and realized everything he was doing wrong when it came to investing, insurance, utilities and lifestyle.
Since then, Scott has been “on a mad mission to help you get financial independence, ultimate happiness and a life full of awesome experiences.” He is also literally a rock star and plays lead electric guitar in several rock bands.
[bctt tweet=”When you spend cash, you will spend less. @ScottAlanTurner #finance #creditcards #dads #fathers ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- How to lower outgoing expenditures
- Why your financed car is really just a rental from the bank
- The mind-blowing amount of money Americans spend on dining out
- How to prevent yourself from over-spending on things like groceries, restaurants, and entertainemnt
- The psychological pain that accompanies handing over your cash (as opposed to swiping your card)
- How to keep your job during corporate layoffs
- How to increase your earnings at work
- Why you’re not getting promoted
- How to “job hop” your way to a 5K, 10K, or 20K larger salary
- How to shop insurance to save big
- How to save on groceries
- Why it’s better for your finances and your health to live more simply
- How to set a good example for your kids
- The new company that will negotiate lower rates for things like your cable and phone
- The debt-free rebellion!
[bctt tweet=”The rebellious lifestyle is to be debt free. @ScottAlanTurner #debtfree #lifestyle #family #finance” username=”gooddadprojct”]
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Note: We are changing the name of the podcast in a couple weeks to the Dad Edge Podcast. There will be no change in the content or the website, just the new show name and logo!
Connect with Scott Alan Turner
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page