Today is our 200th episode of the main show. Thanks to all our listeners for downloading and leaving reviews! We have a spectacular guest for this milestone.
Finance is one of our most popular topics on The Dad Edge. We go through years of education and training for our careers, but we’re never taught about how to best use the money we make, and sadly, we rarely take active steps to find ways to increase our income.
Grant Sabatier is the founder of MillennialMoney.com and is financially free at the age of thirty-five. He says that the “old school” retirement narrative is obsolete and is with us to talk about his book Financial Freedom: A proven path to all the money you will ever need.
Get ready for early retirement!
[bctt tweet=”‘I think financial literacy is a human right.’—@sabatier @millennialmoney #finance #money #investment” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Grant Sabatier is the Author of Financial Freedom (Penguin Random House) and Creator of Millennial Money, which has reached over 10 million readers.
Dubbed “The Millennial Millionaire” by CNBC, Grant Sabatier went from $2.26 to $1 million in 5 years through entrepreneurship, side hustling and investing. After reaching financial independence at the age of 30, Grant Founded MillennialMoney.com, where he writes about making and investing money and co-hosts the Financial Freedom podcast.
Grant has been featured in over 200 international media outlets including The New York Times, The Washington Post, National Public Radio, Money Magazine, ABC Nightline, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Inc. Magazine, Forbes, The Sydney Morning Herald, and many others.
What You’ll Learn
- What inspired Grant to make it his sole focus to make 1 million and retire as soon as possible
- How in 5 years he reached his goals and had 1.25 million invested
- What Grant learned about himself during his journey
- How he lived off of 20% of his income and used the other 80% to create an escape hatch
- How money is infinite, time isn’t
- Why we need to disrupt of the traditional narrative of trading time for money
- How Grant’s Financial Freedom book is the path to all the money you’ll ever need
- Using money to live the life that you want
- The 7 steps financial freedom
- How most people don’t even know what financial position they’re in
- Buying time for yourself by saving up enough to cover expenses from months to years
- Why you’re making a lot less than you think
- How the finance industry is incentivized to keep you in the dark
- How Grant dedicated his life to becoming financially independent by reading over 400 money and investing books
- How chasing money can cause you to miss out on life and stop growing
- The inaccuracy of projections on what you need to retire
- Why you should revisit your retirement once a year
- Taking compounding interest to the extreme
- Grant’s advice to the guy who is stuck in the paycheck-to-paycheck loop
- How to diversify your skill set to optimize your income at your full-time job
- What house hacking is
- Are homes good debt?
- The benefits of investing in real estate instead of stocks
- How to make your first home the best investment of your life
- How families can reduce food costs
- How to have conversations with your spouse about money
- Practicing money mindfulness
- Spending in alignment with your values
- Why you should give yourself a 30-90 waiting period before making a large purchase
[bctt tweet=”‘Don’t wait 40 years to live your life. Live that life today.’— @Sabatier @millennialmoney #money #financialfreedom #investment #earlyretirement” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Grant Sabatier’s Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
Learn More About Our Live Event!
June 5th – 8th 2019
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!