Do you wince when you hear the word budget? It’s about as painful as the words diet or jail, but if you don’t budget for your goals now, you will never be able to enjoy life to the fullest and neither will your family. The majority of families are living paycheck to paycheck. Minor emergencies quickly send most people into debt. It’s no wonder that money issues are the number one cause of divorce.
Jesse Mecham is our guest today. He is the founder of YNAB (You Need a Budget) and is here to share his no-nonsense takeaways that will help you effortlessly budget money for everything you need and want in life. This show will outline the easy and effective way to budget for your goals so that you can live with less stress and make the most of the money your work so hard for.
[bctt tweet=”You can call (a budget) whatever you want. But at the end of the day, you’re just saying ‘what do I want my money to do for me?’—Jesse Mecham, founder of @ynab #finance #familyfinance #savings #debt #debtfree #money” username=”gooddadprojct”]
[bctt tweet=”‘I wanted to be a little bit in people’s face about the fact that they need a budget.’—Jesse Mecham, founder of @YNAB #budget #dads #fathers #men #family” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Jesse has been married for fifteen years and has six kids! That’s right, three boys and three girls. With this size of a family, it’s no surprise he is passionate about budgeting.
Back when Jesse was still in school before finishing his masters in accounting, he and his wife Julie struggled to get by. What gave them their solid foundation and a good trajectory was that they knew their non-negotiables. Julie’s was to stay at home and raise her children. Jesse’s was to never, ever borrow money.
Jesse knew that in order to finish school without borrowing any money, he’d need an extra $350 a month to cover expenses. This vision didn’t change for a while, but these first steps to helping people budget were the beginnings of what YNAB is today.
[bctt tweet=”‘Once we transform our effort and time into currency, we don’t give it the attention it deserves.’—Jesse Mecham, founder of @YNAB #business #finance #work #money #savings #budget ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- The ‘YNAB’ budgeting methodology
- What it means to ‘give every dollar a job’
- How to discover what your true expenses are
- How to be proactive instead of reactive about money
- How a following a budget reduces stress and benefits your health, work, and relationships
- Why not having enough money is almost never an income issue
- The wrong ways couples go about money
- How to deal with a spouse who is resistant to a budget
- Why checking your bank balance is a poor source of information on your financial situation
- YNABs revolutionary budgeting app
- How the YNAB app relieves dads from being the bad guy who always have to say ‘no’ to spending
- How budgeting can end up being fun
- The huge monetary rewards of budgeting
- What’s next for YNAB
- Jesse’s dadly advice as the father of six kids!
YNAB. You Need a Budget
Get a FREE 34 Day Trial at YNAB.com/dads
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to click here and leave an itunes review.
We read a review on the show each week. The next one could be yours!
Jesse Mecham’s Links
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Create an Epic Life
join us in The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!