When we become fathers, we have be in charge of caring for our families. We must step up and provide for them, protect them, and lead them. Fatherhood is an opportunity to become our best selves, but we can’t show up if we don’t invest in our physical, mental, and intellectual wellbeing.
Today we have everyday dad and Dad Edge Alliance member Eric Martinez on the show. He is the founder of Be Well Dad and is dedicated to helping men become their best selves, enabling them to give more to their families and lead on a confident and competent level.
Eric’s been with his wife for sixteen years and is the dad of a five-year-old son and a two-year-old daughter. He talks about how he and his wife overcome the most difficult obstacles, how he got out of his dad bod rut by losing 40 pounds, and how he steps off the hamster wheel of busyness to make time for self-care.
“Fatherhood is an opportunity. It’s an opportunity to show up in the best way you can. It’s an opportunity to influence the next generation of human beings.”—Eric Martinez
What You’ll Learn
- Often spouses think their marriage problems are because of the other person when it’s themselves.
- As challenges arise you must work as a team with your spouse.
- There is nothing you can do better on your own.
- How to make a decision as a family on how you will approach life
- The family unit is bigger than all problems.
- How to deal with emotionally sensitive children
- Validating your kids’ feelings
- How to support a spouse who suffers from mental illness
- How CBD helped Eric and his wife mentally and physically
- What he did to lose 40 pounds
- The false narratives we create around being busy
- What fitness will do for your sex life
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Eric Martinez’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!