How’s your marriage? Great? Okay? Bad? Could it be better?
Of course it could, but we are never taught marriage skills. We expect our relationship to work by default, but it’s not going to get better on its own. Marriage takes constant, intentional work. No relationship runs on autopilot no matter how much a couple loves each other.
John Barbee felt he was failing as a husband and a father. He realized he was only participating with his family on a surface level. One day, he decided to take action and shape his relationship with his wife. This involved communication, partnership, friendship, and intimacy. Mostly, it involved investing in himself.
Now John’s excited about his marriage again and is here to share his marriage skills for men. Get ready to finally learn how to fill your marriage with possibility again!
Never give up on your marriage.
What You’ll Learn
- The accelerated growth and phenomenal change that happens when you start to take care of yourself
- John always thought that just being in the room with his kids while watching TV was “being present” in their lives.
- We say “yes” to all the things and can only give a fraction of the effort. What is really important?
- The difference between quitting and prioritizing what matters
- It’s up to you to direct your marriage and update your knowledge on how to cultivate a rich family life.
- Good sex does not mean you have a good relationship.
- What happens when you grow and those around are not changing? Can you outgrow your marriage?
- What turned John’s marriage around?
- Who can men really go to about problems in their relationships?
- We often live in superficial connection.
- How to take on deep conversations with your spouse
- Involve questions that connect. Did you ever ask what makes your wife happy? What makes her upset? What are her likes, dislikes?
- Why it’s important to understand your spouse’s childhood
- Stop trying to fix your spouse. Love her for who she is right now.
- Work on yourself. Be patient. When you start growing, you want everyone to grow with you, but everyone has their own pace. If you are your best self, you are helping them to become their best.
Our biggest regrets in life happen
when we’ve lost our patience.
Stop Reacting and Start Living
Do the work. Make a plan. Follow along with simple, yet powerful exercises and tap into the patience that is within you.
PLUS 1 Free Month in the Dad Edge Alliance
Create an action plan to help you thrive in life and build the legacy you want.
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!