Grown @%$ Dad with Aaron Kleiber
Being a man, husband, and father can be a challenge, but if we take ourselves too seriously, we forget to stop and enjoy the good moments.
Laughter helps us release tension, cope with adversity, and approach life with a sense of fun. We need humor in our lives now more than ever. That is why today we have a comedian dad on the show!
Aaron Kleiber has been a professional stand-up comedian for 10 years and has just released his Amazon Prime special, Grown @%$ Dad.
Aaron developed his sense of humor as a coping mechanism through a rough childhood. He tells us how comedy has strengthened his ability to deal with people, endure difficult times, and improvise when faced with unexpected adversity. He also talks about how encouraging our kids’ sense of humor will help them be happier, more creative, and resilient.
Lighten up and let some laughter into your family!
Family is what you make it.
Aaron Kleiber has been entertaining his entire life — from climbing atop his grandmother’s coffee table as a child and being voted class clown in high school, to ‘acting’ in front of a camera and taking the stage at comedy clubs across North America today.Began his entertainment career producing, performing and writing indie films with high school friend Chris Preksta (Echo Torch, Pittbsburgh Dad), garnering multiple film festival appearances and awards. A short stint at Second City, Chicago and the birth of his first daughter, led him to stay in Pittsburgh and try the ‘solo sport’ of stand-up comedy in 2009.
His podcast, with over 190 episodes, ‘Grown Dad Business’ has been streamed over a million times and can be heard on iTunes and everywhere else you listen to podcasts.
A native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Aaron has been a fixture in the city’s booming comedy scene for the last decade; producing and performing hundreds of shows in the area, including the Pittsburgh Improv, selling out multiple headline shows, and Arcade Comedy Theater, where he served as stand-up programmer for 5 years. Also was named “Best Local Comedian” by Pittsburgh Magazine three times.
Aaron continues to work and reside in Pittsburgh, PA with his wife and three children.
Grown @%$ Dad
Aaron Kleiber delivers jabs of romanticized parental myths with uppercuts of straight-up dad knowledge. From sun visors and dad nuggs to his no-holds barred take on annoying children’s television and Santa, Aaron’s truths resonate with parents and non-parents alike. He may not know all the answers, but what he does understand is delivered through his special brand of comedic storytelling.
What You’ll Learn
- Aaron Kleiber didn’t know his biological father.
- How he frames his relationship with his abusive stepfather
- Why he hasn’t pursued his real father
- The people who became father figures in his life
- Creating his own band of brothers
- Why Aaron says, “I feel like there is no life without my wife.”
- How comedy reigns in his household
- How to keep the family fun all the time
- Teaching your kids the proper way to serve fart jokes
- Watching your kid’s personality develop and influence their unique sense of humor
- How comedy keeps you emotionally on your toes as a dad
- Why Aaron and his wife don’t hide their feelings from their kids
- Dealing with being out of work during the pandemic
- How difficult the comedy business is
- How to pivot when unexpected adversity strikes
- How to deal with the hecklers in your life
- Having the tools to fight when you’re back into a corner
- Learning to deal with different people and personalities
- Turning frustration into comedy
- Aaron’s OCD Dad-vision
- His goal to make really good human beings
- The gift of not needing much to be happy
- Aaron Kleiber’s motto, “Be Kind, Be Funny”
Modern Rites of Passage for Today’s Boys
Creating a Rite of Passage Experience for Your Son
The Cool, Calm, and Connected Family with Arlene Pellicane
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Aaron Kleiber’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE BOOK HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!