On this week’s Thursday Throwdown, we’re following up on our last episode with Peter Sacco about how to argue with your spouse. We will all have disagreements with our partner every now and then. This is normal and couples who don’t bring up difficult subjects are in danger of letting issues go unresolved or allowing resentment build until it explodes. Here are 4 tips to have a healthy argument with your partner while setting an example for your kids about how to resolve disagreements without anger.
- Don’t raise your voices or yell at each other. Keep your tone even and controlled.
- Do not call each other names. You are the grown-ups.
- If the argument is not going anywhere, walk away. Some times one or both of you need space to calm down or think. Take a time out and come back to the discussion later.
- Be mindful of your behavior. You’re setting an example for your kids. What do you want them to see?
Mentioned Episode: How to Argue with Your Spouse with Peter Sacco
Looking to join a tribe of likeminded men who want to live their lives on purpose? Check out The Dad Edge Alliance.
Create an Epic Life
join The Dad Edge Alliance
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page