Today, there is so much pressure to find our why, to have a clear purpose in life. Some people seem to have it all figured out. We see them on social media living their dreams. Others think they know what they were meant to be, only to find out they’re unfulfilled. Those of us who haven’t defined a clear purpose yet seem to be looked down upon (or maybe we just feel that way). Today’s guest tells us why you need to forget the pressure to find your why and how to let it reveal itself to you.
Dominick Quartuccio, bestselling author of Design Your Future: 3 Simple Steps to Stop Drifting and Take Command of Your Life, is back on The Dad Edge. He says that in looking too hard for our purpose in life, it eludes us. Most people don’t know what their destiny is, and that’s okay. He teaches us how to analyze ourselves to become aware of what lights us up, and how to follow that passion to create a life that excites us. We also go over exactly how to frame conversations about sex with our spouses and how to avoid drift by rewriting our narrative about ourselves.
This show is packed with loads of advice. Are you ready to get lit?
[bctt tweet=”‘What you need to focus instead of purpose (which is such a monumental task) is to start to build this acumen around what lights you up. It will give you clues to what that purpose is.’—Dominick Quartuccio #purpose #yourwhy #goals #dreams #motivation” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Dominick Quartuccio’s passion is helping people design a future they can’t wait to live in. He once had it all—a so-called successful life and lucrative 15-year career in financial services, running sales teams in Fortune 100 companies. He led “a good life.” The result? He was bored, restless and uninspired. So he left the corporate world and became a human guinea pig, subjecting himself to experiments and experiences that challenged him to assess his long-held beliefs and stories. Gradually, his behavior changed, and his life changed—for the better. Dominick is now a mentor, speaker, trainer and author dedicated to supporting others to be better versions of themselves. He helps successful, stressed and incredibly busy professionals take command of their habits – time, energy, focus and execution—so they can raise their performance in business and all aspects of their day-to-day lives. His purpose now to help people design lives they can’t wait to step into.
[bctt tweet=”Who do you believe yourself to be, and are you interested in authoring a new narrative?—Dominick Quartuccio #selfhelp #personaldevelopment #personalgrowth #men #manhood” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
Find Your Why
- Why there is this new pressure to find our why
- Why the pressure to figure out the why?
- How to align yourself with what lights you up
- How to use what lights you up to begin the quest for your purpose in life
- How to hold the idea of your purpose loosely until it crystalizes
- The importance of service to others while following what gives you energy
- Doubling down on what lights you up
- Why people fail when pursuing their why
- How to develop a realistic strategy to become successful in chasing your dream
- Where people fail when transitioning from job to passion
- How to take inventory of your fears so you are approaching it from a place of confidence, not necessity
- How commitment comes first and the how is second because once you’re committed the how illuminates itself
- Oversimplifying the vision – we envision only the worst- and best-case scenario instead of all the possibilities in between
- When you don’t meet your unrealistic visions of success, you feel like a failure
- How to overcome guilt for getting paid for doing something that you love
- Rewriting the false narrative that if you love what you’re doing that you should give it away for free
- What happens when you don’t have a conscious strategy for your sex life
- Designing a vision board for sex for 2019
- Why couples need to talk about sex before there is a problem
- How men usually they come to the sex conversation with an agenda, making the woman feel unsafe
- How exactly to frame your conversation about sex
- How to design the sex conversation container with boundaries and intentions
- How to cultivate trust and mutual collaboration instead of just trying to get what you want in the bedroom
[bctt tweet=”‘The only time that couples are having conversations around sex and their sex life is when something is going wrong. It’s brought up from a place of dissatisfaction and ambushes the other partner.’—Dominick Quartuccio #sex #marriage #relationships #men” username=”gooddadprojct”]
- How the opposite of drifting is intentionality
- Intentionality makes a determined, unstoppable man
- How to break habits and patterns that put your life on auto-pilot
- Just staying connected and doing the best you can
- How to follow through with things you’ve started
- The difference between starting energy, sustaining energy, and finishing energy
- How to adapt to energy downshifts while pursuing goals
- A discussion about James Clear’s Atomic Habits
- How behaviors change when you step into your identity
[bctt tweet=”The definition of hell is on your deathbed you meet the man you could’ve become. #men #dads #fathers #purpose #drift” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Dominick Quartuccio Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!