Are you infected with the disease of busyness?
Many of us run on all cylinders, trying to cross the next item off our to do lists. Our days are full. We commit ourselves to the point of exhaustion. It feels like we’re accomplishing a lot, but weeks, months, years go by and we find ourselves stuck in the same place. Our health, business, and relationships are neglected. We want to move forward, but how can we possibly fit more in?
Busyness is a sneaky disease. In this episode we talk with Dad Edge Alliance member Dan Zehner, host of the Anthem of the Adventurer Podcast. Dan used busyness as a distraction to avoid doing what he needed to do in life. He was overweight, stress out, and disconnected from his family. Then he got real with himself.
Dan tells us about how he confronted his pain, discovered his purpose, and took ownership of his time. He is now living at the peak of his potential and you can too!
“We must stop using the excuse of having kids and a mortgage to hold us back from a life filled with adventure.”—Dan Zehner
What You’ll Learn
- How Dan transformed his physical fitness over the period of six months
- Emotional, mental, and physical endurance—when you practice resilience in one area, it applies to all of them.
- What the disease of busyness looks and feels like
- Why “hope” is not a strategy.
- What to do when we plateau in life
- How to push through resistance
- Why we must define our true purpose
- Perseverance produces character. Character produces hope.
- Why accomplishments do not matter
- Eliminating the hurry in our lives
- How to stop being overcommitted
- A gratitude exercise that will bring priorities into focus
- The power of mementos and totems
- Distracting ourselves from pain deprives us of profound moments of joy in life.
- What to do with our “margin time”
- Allowing ourselves time to do what we loved to do as kids
- Addressing the disease of busyness—how is it working for you and how is it making you feel?
- Make a list of where you’re investing your time and energy. Ask yourself, is it helpful, or are you being unkind to yourself?
Perseverance produces character. Character produces hope.
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Dan Zehner’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Hungry for more out of life?
Join over 400 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!