Modern Man’s Ultimate Guide to Purpose, Passion and Power with David Wagner
Modern life demands a modern perspective. In a world where the meaning masculinity is in flux, it’s more important than ever to step back from life and dig beneath our protective layers to find out what we’re really all about.
Who are we as men?
How did we get this way?
How can we use our relationships with our own fathers to inform the men we will become?
Today’s guest is David Wagner. He is a transformational teacher, a father, and the author of Backbone: Modern Man’s Ultimate Guide to Purpose, Passion and Power.
David goes into several aspects of being a man, but most importantly he talks about the father wound. Even the best dads fall short in some way and create damage that follows their children into adulthood.
David teaches us how to get to know our fathers as men, to witness life through their eyes so that we can forgive them for their shortcomings and learn from their regrets.
Don’t miss this emotionally charged episode. It will forever alter the way you view your relationship with your father and and the way you show up for your children.
David Harshada Wagner is a teacher, pastor, author, and proud father who has dedicated more than 30 years of his life to the path of selfless service, spiritual awakening, and radical self-transformation.
He has been helping people from all walks of life all over the world walk the spiritual path for more than 25 years. His training is vast and varied, from traditional Christian teachings, to 12 Step Recovery training, to the Indian wisdom traditions of Yoga, Bhakti, Vedanta, and Tantric Shaivism. As a teacher and pastor he draws teachings not only from tradition and scripture, but from his decades of personal transformation and his experience serving others to find their authentic path to deep happiness. Most recently, David has been including Biblical teachings in his ministry and exploring a non-traditional approach to the Way of Christ.
In addition to his online global ministry, David serves on the faculties of YogaGlo, Kripalu, and Omega Institutes, and travels widely training teachers and working with people from all walks of life. He is the author of BACKBONE – the Modern Man’s Ultimate Guide to Purpose Passion and Power, and is currently authoring several books including one based on the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, and one that explores the cross currents between traditionally eastern practices and the teachings of the Christian Bible. David currently is based in in Ojai, California and travels widely serving his worldwide community.
Backbone: The Modern Man’s Ultimate Guide to Purpose, Passion and Power
So many self-help books on the market have a feminine edge and do not speak directly to a man’s masculinity. The message that men have been given so far is that they have to get in touch with their feminine side if they want to embrace change. This book blows this theory out of the water and is a total game changer. It enables men to transform entirely, working with their masculinity instead of against it. Straight talking, down-to-earth and humorous Wagner addresses the challenges that modern men typically face, asking the reader to join him in a series of profound self-examination exercises and questions covering life purpose, male identity, spirituality, self-limitation, sexuality, relationships, fatherhood and more. Every chapter is highly practical and also includes observations and examples from David’s own life journey as well as insights gained from the many clients and groups he has worked with over the years. Men all over the world will be saying: ‘Finally a book that actually speaks to me in my language’.
What You’ll Learn
- David’s past struggle with substance abuse
- The power of a gathering of more than two people.
- Why many dads have regret and remorse at the end of their lives.
- What is a cis het man?
- A child’s need for love is infinite. As parents our abilities are imperfect. This creates the father wound.
- No matter how much we love our kids, we’ll hurt or disappoint them in some way.
- How the father wound can create a deeper a spiritual relationship with a higher power
- Though seemingly opposites, David realized how much he and his father were alike after he died.
- His father lived inside the cage so that David could live outside the cage.
- Why you should think of your dad by his first name in your mind
- The power of seeing your dad as a man and getting to know him as a human being.
- We know dads as gods, superheroes, and eventually, disappointments.
- How to examine the way you live as a man and make it intentional
- What inner work you need to do in order to reveal the right way to execute your whole life
Getting More Done In 12 Weeks Than Others Do In 12 Months with Brian Moran
Stop Doing That Sh*t with Gary John Bishop
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to email@example.com notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
THRIVE IN THE FACE OF UNCERTAINTY
Register for the Dad Edge Virtual Summit
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!