Neuroscience research shows that 95% of what we think and feel falls below our conscious detection, meaning almost all of what we do is beyond our conscious control. Instead of creating our lives, we drift. We fill our time with distractions and bad habits instead of living to our full potential.
Our guest today is author, speaker, and executive coach Dominick Quartuccio. He is here to talk about his book Design Your Future: 3 Simple Steps to Stop Drifting and Take Command of Your Life. He outlines how to upgrade our environments, discipline ourselves efficiently, and rewrite the narrative in our heads so that we can live to our ultimate potential.
[bctt tweet=”The definition of hell—On your deathbed you meet the man you could’ve become.’—Dominick Quartuccio #men #dads #fathers #regret #mindset #potential #breakthrough” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Dominick Quartuccio is one of the few guests we’ve had on The Dad Edge that is not a father yet. He is an aspiring dad who works with many high-performing family men.
Dominick spent fifteen years in the corporate arena. He was very successful, but something was missing. He felt a higher calling and in 2016 left his career to become a speaker and coach who helps men take command of their lives.
[bctt tweet=”‘Drift is the single greatest thing that keeps us off the path.’—Dominick Quartuccio #men #dads #fathers #distraction #technology #pornaddiction #selfdevelopment” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- Why many of us feel lost and uninspired in life because we’re not connected to what means most to us
- How we drown out our existential anxiety using vices like porn, technology, and even workaholism
- How apps, social media, and technology are designed with psychological hooks to keep you using them
- How social media notifications use variable rewards to make them more addictive
- Dominick’s own recovery from porn and sex addiction
- The 3 Fs that shape our sexual development.
- Faith (or lack thereof)
- The best way to prevent getting sucked into the internet vortex
- How to design effective and efficient no-brainer boundaries for yourself that don’t tax your willpower
- Why you should never use your cell phone as an alarm clock
- How to relate to other men instead of compete with them
- What it takes to break free from drift
- Catalyze your own awakenings
- Disrupt your patterns and habits
- Replace with designing a conscious, intentional future
- How to stop self-sabotage
- How to curate a relationship with your inner self
- How to rewire your inner-narrative to live to your full potential
[bctt tweet=”It’s easier for men to fight battles than to go inward.—Dominick Quartuccio #personaldevelopment #wisdom #selfdiscovery #selfsabotage” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Dominick Quartuccio Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!