The Dad Edge Podcast is honored beyond words to have John Eldredge on the show. He is the author of the bestselling book Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul and is here to talk about our core needs as men and our constant quest for validation.
He also shares life-changing insights on how to become a student of our child’s heart and interpret their experiences for them so that they can become happier, stronger adults.
[bctt tweet=”On being a dad: ‘It’s not about perfection. It’s about love.’ – John Eldredge @ransomedheart #dads #fathers #fatherhood #parenting” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- The inspiration for John Eldredge’s book, Wild at Heart
- How we are in the midst of the collapse of gender
- Why guys are confused on what it means to be a man
- How men can be restored by doing internal work
- Why most men don’t know they have a genuine strength to offer the world
- How most of us ‘fake it’ through life, but inside, we doubt who we are
- What things men are compensating for
- Why men are so afraid to fail
[bctt tweet=”‘The number one ingredient for a child’s success is having a dad who cares and who is involved.’ – John Eldredge @ransomedheart #dads #fathers #fatherhood #parenting” username=”gooddadprojct”]
- What it means to be a student of your child’s heart and why you need to become one
- How to start giving your kids low-grade challenges to build their confidence
- How to also implement low-grade failures so they can discover that they will survive through setbacks
- How looking to your kid as a source of personal validation is damaging
- How to wire your parenting for each child
- How to be a dad to daughters
- How a father defines his daughters identity
- What a father can do to ensure his daughter trusts masculine strength
- What to do when you blow up and anger
- How to not let your child’s feelings turn into ‘agreements’ or negative conclusions about life
- How to take the power of validation away from high-pressure situations
[bctt tweet=”‘A man will design his entire life to avoid anything that might expose him, and to only stay in the areas where he is getting some validation.’ – John Eldredge @ransomedheart #men #dads #fathers #masculinity #comfortzone #fear #leadership” username=”gooddadprojct”]
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read a review on the show each week. The next one could be yours!
FIGHT HAIR LOSS WITHOUT DRUGS
Sign up for a NUTRAFOL subscription and
get your first 1-month’s supply for $10 ($88 value!)
Just enter promocode GOODDAD at checkout
John Eldredge’s Links
JUNE 7TH – 9TH – ST. LOUIS
Are you an extraordinary father looking to accelerate in all aspects of your life?
Are you looking to connect to like-minded Dads that want to come together to strengthen and grow in their abilities both personally and professionally?
The Dad Edge 2018 Summit (Live Event) will set you up to do exactly that.
- The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
- GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
- Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
- We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
- Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
- Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
- Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page