We are all going to go some day. What kind of culture do you want to leave behind for your family and the generations to come?
We have an intense experience for you today. Errol Doebler, former Navy SEAL and FBI Special Agent, is back on the show. He is a husband, a father of three, and the author of The Process, Art and Science of Leadership.
Errol participated in a live event with the Dad Edge Alliance, where more than 70 men had the opportunity to listen to his arsenal of family leadership training and got a chance to ask him questions on how to use the process of leadership to become strong leaders for their families.
Errol explains how the leadership strategies used for battle are the same we need to use in the boardroom and the home. In this behind-the-scenes peek into the Dad Edge Alliance, you will learn how to gain trust, earn respect, and form an unbreakable family team.
What You’ll Learn
- Great teams (and families) are not made by who is on them, but how they operate.
- It’s up to the leader (the father) to create a space where everyone feels like they can speak up.
- Communication is the main part of the planning process. You need the team’s contributions.
- We can unwittingly create silence. We have to break that down and develop an environment of psychological safety.
- Each member gets equal input. Do not let a few dominate.
- Teammates must be in tune with each other’s emotions and needs to be successful.
- Before enforcing accountability, make it clear what kids have to be accountable for.
- Autonomy—we want kids to take initiative. We establish what we want them to do and why we want them to do it. Then we let them tell us how.
- What to do when you’ve blown up at your kids
- Why we must apply the same mindset to times of calm as to times of chaos
- How to regain trust and respect from your wife and/or family when you’ve lost it
- How to reestablish leadership when you’ve given it up
- How to execute even when you’re feeling fear
- How to define and enforce codes of behavior
ERROL’S FULL INTERVIEW
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Errol Doebler’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!