The plant-based lifestyle seems to be everywhere lately, but is it really possible to maintain our bodies without animal protein? Won’t we feel tired and hungry all the time? What about our libido and testosterone levels?
Today’s discussion will reveal the surprising benefits of a plant-based lifestyle for men. Our guest is Fraser Bayley. He has founded Veg Up with his wife, Lauren, and together they help people cut through the confusion to achieve peak performance, an amazing body, and insane mental clarity on a plant-based diet.
You will hear how a plant-based diet can radically change your bloodwork, your energy levels, and your psychological wellbeing. You will also learn how being the healthiest dad you can be will make you more available for your kids while setting an example that will prime them for a healthy adult life.
Fraser was a former butcher back in Auckland, New Zealand before he left the industry to study Nutrition, Human Structure & Function and Personal Training at the University of Auckland and Auckland University of Technology.
Coming from a former life of severe mental health issues, Fraser has spent the past 15 years deeply immersed in psychology & the human mind. Being an INFJ on the Myers-Briggs personality test, he seeks to understand the human mind as much as possible! These concepts are heavily woven into how he teaches their students all around the world.
He enjoys nomadic living & travel in their RV, hiking & outdoors, reading & learning from people from all walks of life.
What You’ll Learn
- Where do men get protein on a plant-based diet?
- It’s not what you consume, but what you absorb. Are you absorbing all the protein and nutrients in your current diet?
- We’re meant to believe we need more protein that we really do.
- You can play with your macro-nutrients if you get the same number of calories per day.
- How to bridge your way through the transition to a plant-based diet
- What vegging up does for libido and sexual performance
- Hormone profiles and cholesterol levels before and after 90-days on a plant-based diet
- Plant-based diet can help you train harder.
- Micronutrient density drives energy levels and recovery.
- Each person is different with the plant-based foods that work well for them.
- Being in shape doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have quality of life.
- Always tired
- Moods all over the place
- Needed a lot of caffeine
- Visually in shape, but do not feel good
- Increased Energy
- Mental clarityhttps://www.veguplife.com/
- Blood glucose control
- Emotional regulation
- Less stress
- Clear skin
- How to begin becoming more plant-based? Start adding instead of eliminating.
- Add more green vegetables
- Try more plant proteins and find out what you like
- Include more colors. Colors are micronutrients. Think of the rainbow.
- Eat living foods (sprouts)
- Add fermented foods (sauerkraut)
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Our biggest regrets in life happen
when we’ve lost our patience.
Stop Reacting and Start Living
Do the work. Make a plan. Follow along with simple, yet powerful exercises and tap into the patience that is within you.
Get the Patience eCourse
Plus 1 FREE Month in the Dad Edge Alliance
Create an action plan to help you thrive in life and build the legacy you want.
Fraser Bayley’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!