We know our kids are going to fail and that they’re going to be disappointed. Pulling the positive lessons from failures can help kids use losses as stepping stones to greatness. But what happens when we as fathers fail?
Today we have Frankie Edgar on the show for a return visit. He was the UFC Lightweight Champion of UFC 112 and is a husband and a dad.
Frankie risks crushing failure every time he steps into the ring. Naturally, it’s no fun losing a fight, but he knows that his kids are watching. Listen to how Frankie sets a champion’s example of pulling the positive from failures and how he draws the line between family and fighting.
[bctt tweet=”‘The best thing to show your kid is that everyone gets knocked down. But it’s not about getting knocked down. It’s about how you react to it.’ – @FrankieEdgar #MMA #UFC #fatherhood #family #failure” username=”gooddadprojct”]
Frankie Edgar was born and grew up in Toms River, New Jersey where he first started wrestling in high school. After college, he got into mixed martial arts and his career took off. Frankie Edgar is now known as “The Answer.” He has 9 year old and 8 year old sons and a 4 year old daughter.
[bctt tweet=”‘I feel like the training mode’s easy. The family mode is tricky sometimes.’ – @FrankieEdgar #family #dads #men #fathers #fatherhood #dadlife” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- What wrestling taught him about life
- How he became mentally and physically tough
- Balancing family life as a pro-athlete
- How he becomes present in whatever he’s doing
- How he cultivates his laser-like focus
- How he faces his kids after he loses a fight
- How he teaches his kids to own their own failures
- What it’s like being a husband as a UFC fighter
- The example Frankie’s father set for him
- How it’s not always about being the rough guy, but being happy
- How he still dates his wife
- The difference in raising a daughter
- The number one thing he wants to teach his kids
[bctt tweet=”‘You can’t think for your kids. You want to build them so they make the right decisions on their own.’ – Frankie Edgar #parenting #dads #men #fathers” username=”gooddadprojct”]
MENTIONED EPISODE: Frankie Edgar on Life Lessons from the Octagon
Looking for the Perfect Snack for you and your kids?
Get your RXBAR sample box with 16 whole food protein bars
(for 25% off the price you pay at Target.)
Go to rxbar.com/gooddad
ENTER COUPON CODE: GOODDAD
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Frankie Edgar’s Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!