We are pumped to have the lead singer of the band OAR (Of A Revolution) on the show today. Marc Roberge has been making music and touring with OAR for twenty years. Marc also is a husband and a dad. Find out what wisdom he learned from his own father, and how he develops his relationships with his wife and kids while living the rock n’ roll dream.
Marc Roberge and Of A Revolution
Marc Roberge grew up in the suburbs of DC as one of three boys. He hung out with a close-knit group of good kids who all partied together like in the movie Dazed and Confused. He started playing music with his first band in the 8th grade.
When he was getting ready to go to college, he and his bandmates chose the school with the most local bars. This wasn’t because they were looking for places to drink. They were looking for places to play.
They never had any serious aspirations to become famous. Their main goal was to become professional artists who lived to create. Then they got lucky and began to build a relationship with their audience and twenty years later, O.A.R. has a huge loyal fan base and has released 13 albums. Marc believes to make music for a living is the luckiest thing in the world. He admits it’s not easy to be a family man and a musician, but it’s worth it.
[bctt tweet=”‘Even if it’s hard, it’s better than being alone.’ – @marcroberge #dads #men #fathers #family #dadlife ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
What You’ll Learn
- How Marc’s dad’s no-nonsense influenced him
- Why doing more and talking less helps keep him in the present
- How he and his wife have been together since college
- How he keeps the relationship with his wife alive while he’s on the road
- Why Marc loves classic sitcom dads
- How he switches off when he is home from tour
- What daily life is like in their household
- The ‘not sappy’ reality of being away from the family
- How to keep the family going while he’s gone
- His writing influences
- The inspiration for some of his most popular songs
- How choosing one or two core beliefs helps keep you grounded
[bctt tweet=”‘I know when I’m getting off track to just shut it down. Don’t say. Just do.’ – @marcroberge #dads #men #fathers #success #dadlife ” username=”gooddadprojct”]
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Marc Roberge’s Links
Are you an extraordinary father looking to accelerate in all aspects of your life?
Are you looking to connect to like-minded Dads that want to come together to strengthen and grow in their abilities both personally and professionally?
The Dad Edge 2018 Summit (Live Event) will set you up to do exactly that.
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page